Monday, August 12, 2013

Monsters University Takeover 2013 Review

Hey guys! Chill here yet again. Did you miss me? :D Anyway, today I'll be doing a long overdue review of Club Penguin's Monsters University Takeover from June. And soon, I'll also be doing a review of the Star Wars Takeover.

Also, starting today, I'll be making a much more organized rating system. I hope you guys like it!

Features
Like the Marvel Superhero Takeover before it, this party had its own limited time game, the Scare Game. It was boring at first, but once I played it a lot it got really fun. I wish they would've done more than one game though, like in the movie. THAT would've been epic.
The scaring thing was fun too, I had a blast with one of my friends chasing dudes around to scare up some JOX points.
Also, for the first time since The Great Snow Race in 2011 (or, if you want to get technical, the 7th Anniversary Party in 2012) there is no mascot, which was a little disappointing. I think maybe meeting Mike and Sulley would've been cool, but at the same time it was nice that trackers finally got a break.
Score: 4/5
Decorations
I think CP did a nice job on decorating at this party. Even though not many regular rooms were decorated, I really liked the ones that were, like the Pizza Parlor. They also did a great job on the fraternity and sorority houses. (GO JOX) I just wish they would've decorated the island itself more, but hey, what could they of done, honestly?
Score: 4/5
Items
Unfortunately, items is one of the areas in which this party fails to excel in.
The fraternity and sorority caps were very... meh. They were nice, but it wasn't anything new, unique, and innovative they could've done.
Obviously, there's lots of MU character costumes. I just don't really like them. They all look really weird on your penguin. :/
Also, the monster items for non-members are extremely ugly and weird, except the dragon wings. You also can't scare with them - why? That makes no sense at all to me.
However, the Scare Games trophy was nice though.
Score: 2/5
Music
I LOVED the music! The university theme was okay, but the OK, ROR, PNK, and JOX songs were really cool. Also the monster remix of The Party Starts Now at the Pizza Parlor was cool.
Score: 5/5
Final Thoughts
The party was actually pretty good. However it would've been nice to see a mascot or two, some better items, and more decorations. Also, the Scare Games were obviously rigged in OK's favor. You can see my last post for more info on that.
Final Score: 4/5
So, now that you've heard my thoughts... What did YOU think about the Monsters University Takeover? Feel free to post your thoughts in the comments below as always.

Until next time, waddle on!

No comments:

Post a Comment