Friday, May 10, 2013

Marvel Superhero Takeover 2013 Review (1/2): Marvel Superhero Takeover In Review

Hey guys! Chill here. Today I'll be doing a review of the Marvel Superhero Takeover 2013. Enjoy!

Features

Well, I'll start off with the games. Super Hero Bounce was a winner in my book, it was challenging, but not TOO hard. I think they should've retextured it and put it in the unplugged arcade machine. Next off, Robot Factory was interesting, but it wasn't so great. I liked how they mixed it up by putting in unusable parts. A make-your-own custom robot would've been cool though.

Enough with the games though, let's talk about power gloves and robots. They were both SUPER awesome, and I liked the balance. Power gloves were indestructible but had limited energy. Robots were destructible but had unlimited energy. And if you got another dude mad, you'd end up with a robot snowball war!

Aunt Arctic was also a mascot, which was cool. In case you didn't know, I LOVE mascots.
Score: 9/10

Decorations

The decorations were awesome. Almost all of them were new decorations, some of the inside rooms were recycled, but the Hero Carrier, Villain HQ, and Hero Lab were nicely done. (Hero Carrier was a bit bland imo)

Also, I think it was a nice touch to add the hospital from Operation: Blackout.

Unfortunately, there was one flaw. You can access the Villain HQ from the Stage like last year, but due to the different design you can't get back up. It's like you came from nowhere!
Score: 10/10

Items

The items were nice, I didn't really care for most of the new Marvel costumes but Night Club was AWESOME. I LOVED the design and shading on it, it looks so cool.

The hoodies were nice too. The power gloves also looked a lot cooler than last year, because they were all unique, instead of just three recolors of the same thing.

Aunt Arctic's background was also pretty cool.
Score: 9/10

Music

The music was... meh. Most of it was recycled from last year's Marvel Superhero Takeover, which was okay I guess. Although I don't really understand why in the world they used the Downtown Showdown music for the Stage/Pizza Parlor. It just doesn't fit.

On another note, I really liked the hero theme. It's probably one of the best songs made so far this year.
Score: 7/10

Final Thoughts

I really liked this party, and they put in a lot more effort in than last year, instead of just recycling the rooms and slapping in some new costumes. Although the storyline was a little cheesy... Still awesome nonetheless.
Final Score: 10/10

But wait, that's not all! Stay tuned for part 2, "Speculation vs. Truth", where I compare the actual party to my speculations post.

Until then, waddle on!

No comments:

Post a Comment